Introduction – Your Travel Agreement
TopReservation and Cancellation
A deposit of US$300 per person is required at the time of booking of the reservation. Reservation will automatically be canceled if the deposit is not received by Peony Tours within 7 days after booking of the reservation.
- Final Payment
- Land Only Packages:
The balance of the price must be paid at least 60 days prior to the departure date. If you book less than 60 days prior to the departure date, the final payment will be due upon booking. We have the right to cancel your booking and retain any deposit if the balance is not paid by the due date.
- Land & Air Packages:
The balance of the price must be paid at least 60 days prior to the departure date. We may require earlier payment of the airfare portion of your tour. If you book less than 60 days prior to the departure date, the final payment is due upon booking. If the balance is not paid by the due date, then we have the right to cancel your booking and retain any deposit, cancel any airfare from your Land & Air Package, and change your reservation to a Land Only Package. You will be charged a late payment fee of $50 per person for each late payment we receive.
If you cancel your booking a per person fee will be charged according to the date we receive and acknowledge your cancellation as follows:
- US$100: 120 or more days prior to departure date
- US$200: 60-119 days prior to departure date
- US$300: 30-59 days prior to departure date
- US$500: 15-29 days prior to departure date
- US$1000: 3-14 days prior to departure date
- 100% of Tour Fare: Within 48 hours prior to departure including no shows on day of departure
- Written notice of cancellation must be received by Peony Tours either by personal delivery, mail, fax, or e-mail. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us and acknowledged.
- In addition to the above stated cancellation charges, if tickets or vouchers for airlines, hotels, cruises, trains or any relevant third-party supplier have already been issued or confirmation of service has been received at the time of cancellation (regardless of number of days prior to departure), the traveler will be wholly liable for any additional airline, hotel, cruise line, or train cancellation penalties and service charges pursuant to suppliers’ rules and regulations.
- In the event of cancellation by your travel companion or roommate, you will be responsible for the additional resultant single supplement charge.
- Peony Tours reserves the right to have airline tickets issued by PeonyTours or its authorized agent immediately upon receipt of your tour deposit. * Certain arrangements with third-party suppliers may not be able to beamended after they have been confirmed and any alteration may incur acancellation charge to you of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- Certain arrangements with third-party suppliers may not be able to be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration may incur a cancellation charge to you of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
TopTour Fare Includes:(All prices are in US dollars, per person)
- Travel Insurance:
- When your reservation is confirmed and full payment has been received by the payment due date, for our regular scheduled group tours, we will purchase a travel protection plan from Travelex, a third party insurance carrier on your behalf and provide it on a complimentary basis to you for your vacation purchased with us (see details of coverage in our brochure or website). Please note that any city packages, customized travel packages, online promotional packages or any other promotions will not include complimentary travel insurance.
- Peony Tours is not licensed to sell insurance, and cannot answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions, and conditions of the insurance plan. All questions about the travel insurance should be directed to Travelex.
- Air Transportation:
- Land Only Package
* Travelers that purchase Land Only Packages are responsible for ALL their air segments (unless otherwise specified). Please review the tour itinerary and features carefully, paying special attention to the dates of arrival and departure, and plan your own air itinerary accordingly.
* Special airfares from your hometown are available with the purchase of our tour series. Please check our web site for up-to-date offers. Offered airfare prices are good only with the concurrent purchase of our tour series. A 60-day advance purchase is required at the offered prices.
* Please see your chosen itinerary for arrival and departure time and cities.
* Land-only package travelers are responsible for arrival airport transfer (to hotel) and departure airport transfer (from hotel)
- Hotel check-in time is after 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Hotel check-out time is before 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Hotel check-in and check-out times vary from hotel to hotel
- Land with Air Package
* For travelers that elect to purchase an Air Package along with the Land Tour Package, a round trip international economy class air ticket from the gateway city (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York....) and all intra-tour air tickets are included with the tour as per itinerary (except city packages).
* For other departure gateway cities, please consult your travel agent or Peony Tours regarding the US domestic add-on air.
* Air carrier and routing is at the discretion of Peony Tours. Passengers who elect to purchase their own US domestic add-on air to the gateway city do so at their own risk. Peony Tours reserves the right to book all flights at the lowest available fare and also reserve the right to change all airlines used without prior notice.
* All government taxes/fees and fuel surcharges associated with airline tickets are included in the advertised airfare and subject to change at any time during the year. Amounts listed are as of the date of printing the brochure. For the most up-to-date prices please check our website.
- Hotel Accommodation:
- Hotel accommodations are based on two adults sharing one twin beddedroom. Some hotels may have a maximum room occupancy limit. Triple rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and are on request only.
- A customer occupying a single room is required to pay a single supplement fee. Single rooms are subject to availability at time of booking.
- When the hotel listed in our itinerary is unavailable, a similar category hotel will be substituted without prior notice.
- Meals: Meals will be provided in hotels, local restaurants, or on the cruise ship as specified in itinerary.
- Sightseeing: While the sightseeing program is specified in the itinerary, its final arrangements will be determined by the local tour escort or tour manager based on circumstances which may be beyond the control of Peony Tours, such as weather, acts of God, dangers, incidents to the sea, fire, breakdown in machinery or equipment, acts of government or authorities and wars under local conditions. However, we will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- Admission / Entrance Fee: All necessary main entrance fees for the programs or places specified in the itinerary will be included.
- Coach: Touring by deluxe air-conditioned coach.
TopTour Fare Does Not Include:
- Roundtrip airfare from your hometown (for Land Only Packages) or roundtrip airfare from your hometown to the gateway city (for Land & Air Packages); meals not mentioned in itinerary; insurance premiums; charges arising from deviations; any expense due to delay or changes of schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God, acts of terrorism, force majeure, acts of government’s civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or for any other cause beyond Peony Tours’ control; any personal charges including but not limited to passport and visa fees, excess baggage charges, phone bills, postage, laundry, drinks and beverages; any airline's imposed ancillary charges that may change from time to time if any, and may be without prior notice, including but not limited to hand luggage fee, check-in luggage fee, seating assignment fee, Wi-Fi charge, in-flight meals and entertainment expenses.
- Unused Tour Features:
Any unused tour features either on air transportation or for land arrangements are not refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
- Tour Price Guarantee:
All prices are in US dollars and are based on rates and costs in effect at the time of posting on the website. Your tour price is guaranteed once Peony Tours has received your full payment. Prior to full payment, it is important to note that there may be price changes due to fluctuations in government imposed taxes/fees and airline fuel surcharges that you will be responsible for.
- Departure Guarantee:
Departures are guaranteed with a minimum of 20 persons for Tour PAN, 4 persons for Tour PAF, and 2 persons for Tour PAK. When the total number of tour members is insufficient, Peony Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour, to change the hotels, or to change to locally hosted facilities (Tour PAN).
Tour PAN is conducted bilingually in Mandarin Chinese and English. However, Tour PAF and PAK will be conducted in English only.
We assume no liability for loss or damage to baggage or delay of baggage in transit to and from a Tour or while on a Tour. We recommend purchasing a supplemental travel insurance package.
- For up-to-date baggage allowance restrictions, always check with the appropriate airline for the latest regulations.
- Baggage allowance varies by airline and is subject to change at any time. Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check in any baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to its web site for detailed information regarding your airline’s checked baggage policies prior to departure.
- Baggage allowance on overseas internal flights may vary from baggage allowance on international flights. Excess baggage charges and insurance is at the owner’s responsibility. Please ask Peony Tours if you would like a list of your confirmed carriers for overseas internal flights prior to departure in order to check baggage restrictions.
- Due to the limited luggage space on coach, we strongly recommend one check-in luggage and one hand-carry small piece per traveler.
All customers' passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the return date of your trip. Please consult with your travel agent or Peony Tours if you have a non-US passport.
- Entry Visa:
- It is the responsibility of travelers to obtain proper visas in a timely manner. The visa fee is non-refundable for any reason.
- Peony Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa.
- Visa requirements may change at any time. Please check with the Embassy or Consulate of the country which you will be traveling to.
- Deviation Charge:
Any deviation to your itinerary (early departure or late return) is subject to availability. In addition to any airline(s), hotel(s), relevant supplier’s or transfer surcharge(s), you will be charged a fee of US$100 per person for any deviation from the tour.
- Change Fee:
One change to your itinerary is allowed free of charge after your reservation is confirmed, subject to availability. $50 will be charged per person for each subsequent change. Once documents and/or tickets have been issued, no change is permitted.
- Travel Documents / E-Tickets:
In general, all travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days prior to departure via 2nd day priority. Overnight delivery can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Late Booking:
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to the departure are subject to availability and will incur a surcharge of $50 per person. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Charge for Children:
For children 11 years old and under:
- International Airfare:same as the regular adult airfare
- Land Only Package Price:If the child shares the same room with two adults does not require an extra bed, the cost is 80% of the regular adult price. If the child shares the same room with one adult, the cost is 100% of the regular adult price.
- Children 12 years old and older will be charged the regular adult price.
- Health , Active Elements, Medical Conditions and Special Assistance:
- Some of our Tours incorporate active elements such as ingress and egress from buses and vessels, walking long distances, or sightseeing; you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the level of activity that will be involved in your Tour. You must disclose at the time of booking (or at such later time when you become aware of such a condition) any existing physical or mental illness, disability, pregnancy or any other condition which may create a health hazard for yourself or others during the Tour or for which you may require medical attention or special accommodation during the Tour. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs, but you must notify us at the time of booking for a determination of what assistance we can reasonably provide. We regret that we cannot accommodate you if you have special needs for ordinary daily activities, such as walking and dining. In no instance will our Suppliers or we physically lift or assist you on to or off any vehicles. If we cannot accommodate your special needs, you must be accompanied by a companion who will be responsible for independently providing the needed assistance. Peony Tours recommends that travelers be in good health. Please consult your physician regarding your medical condition and ability to travel long distances. Peony Tours will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled participants, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other suppliers.
We reserve the right to decline acceptance of anyone we consider unsuitable due to fitness level. We also reserve the right to remove you from the Tour, at your own expense, if your condition is such that it could create a hazard to you or others, or otherwise impact the enjoyment of other passengers.
- Participation In and Conduct During The Tour You are responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the Tour Guide and the laws of the countries in your Itinerary during a Tour. We may exclude you from participating in all or any part of the Tour if, in our sole discretion, your condition or behavior renders you unfit for the Tour or unfit for continuation once the Tour has begun. Unfitness may include, without limitation, any behavior that, regardless of its cause, is inappropriate or offensive or interferes with the delivery of Tour services or may constitute a hazard or embarrassment. In such case, our liability shall be strictly limited to refund of the recoverable cost of any unused portion of the Tour.
Should you decide for any reason not to participate in certain parts of the Tour or use certain goods included in the Tour, no refunds will be made for those unused parts of the Tour or goods.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any costs,
damages, losses or liabilities arising out of the actions or omissions of any minors traveling with you.
Peony Tours' tour managers and representatives will be happy to assist you with any shopping requirements while on tour. Peony Tours does not take any responsibility for any items purchased at shops on the tour. You are strongly advised to observe US customs restrictions when bringing home any goods from tour (for more information please visit www.cbp.gov).
- Client Privacy:
Peony Tours will not discuss or disclose any details of our client’s personal or trip details with any third party other than the client’s authorized agent, the airlines, hotels, land, cruise operators and any relevant third party suppliers.
Detailed Breakdown of Applicable Air Taxes and Fees
- U.S. Federal Taxes and Fees............................................................................$57.00
- September 11th Security Fees........................................................$5.60 - $11.20
- Local Taxes..........................................................................................$27.60 - $196.10
Important note on taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges
The United States Department of Transportation mandates that airline fuel surcharges and all government taxes / fees be included in the advertised price of any tour package that includes airfare. Airlines and relevant government agencies periodically change the amount of these taxes and fees throughout the year at their sole discretion. Peony Tours has included all fuel surcharges and government taxes/fees in our brochure and our website based on the print date and website listing date. Paying your tour deposit does not constitute a price guarantee. You will be responsible for any price increases due to changes in fuel surcharges/taxes/fees until you have paid the full price of your tour package.
Class Action Waiver
THIS CONTRACT CONTAINS A BINDING CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION WHICH AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND MAY BE ENFORCED BY THE PARTIES TO THE CONTRACT
This contract provides for the exclusive resolution of disputes through individual arbitration on tour purchaser’s or tour participant’s own behalf instead of through any class action. Even if the applicable law provides otherwise, tour purchaser or tour participant agrees that any arbitration against Peony Tours whatsoever shall be litigated by tour purchaser or tour participant and not as a member of any class or as part of a class action, and tour purchaser or tour participant expressly agrees to waive any law entitling tour purchaser or tour participant to participate in a class action.
The general conditions under which you agree to utilize the services of Peony Tours may not be amended in any way, except in writing, by an authorized officer of Peony Tours. By utilizing the services of Peony Tours, you agree that the exclusive venue for all claims shall be the County of Los Angeles, State of California, and such claims shall be determined according to the laws and jurisdiction of the State of California. The issuance of tickets and vouchers shall be deemed to be consent to the above terms and conditions.