During our 40 years in travel, we have remained committed to our guests and mission to create authentic, enriching travel experiences. With travel plans currently on pause, we would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our guests, team members and the international travel community remains our top priority.
As a business, we hold our family-run values close. We make great service, integrity and quality part of everything we do. So, when you travel with us, you feel like part of the family, knowing that your happiness and safety is our top priority.
As we look to the future, we have updated our policies (effective September 15, 2021) to allow more flexibility, so you can book with peace of mind and travel with confidence when you’re ready.
Peony Tours Provisional Payment Policy:
- Deposit: A deposit of only $300 per traveler is required at the time of booking to secure your next trip. Airfare deposits (if applicable) may apply at the time of booking.
- Final Payment Due: The remaining balance payment for your booking is due only 60 days prior to the trip departure.
Peony Tours Provisional Cancellation & Departure Change Policy:
- Free Changes: Cancel and rebook for a new departure date up to 60 days prior to departure.
- Free Cancellations: Cancel for any reason up to 60+ days prior to departure.
||Provisional Cancellation Fee*
||Provisional Departure Date Change Fee**
|60 + days prior to departure
|45 to 59 days prior to departure
|30 to 44 days prior to departure
|16 to 29 days prior to departure
|10 to 15 days prior to departure
|3 to 9 days prior to departure
|48 hours prior to departure
Please note the above change and cancellation policies do not apply to tours PRI, PRD and PNI.
*In addition to any charges levied by the ferries, train tickets,airlines and/or hotel, the Peony Tours provisional fees will be assessed per person when you cancel or change the departure date of your existing reservation.
**The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees are valid for requests received after September 15, 2021 for new 2022 reservations booked from September 15, 2021 to October 31, 2021. A written request of cancellation or departure date changes must be received by Peony Tours. Oral requests will not be accepted.
Provisional Cancellation & Date Change Terms and Conditions:
- These new policies are only valid for new 2022 reservations booked between September 15, 2021 to October 31, 2021.
- These new policies cannot be applied retrospectively, as the situation is rapidly evolving every day. Please be aware that many third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines ferries, hotels, attraction admission fees, local guides and restaurants are not providing refunds or cancellation waivers. Airline penalties typically range between $250 per person to fully non-refundable
- All cancellation and departure date change requests must be received in writing by email. Please use our contact form to submit your request.
- We are unable to waive any third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines, ferries and/or service upgrades. We will advise you of any relevant cancellation fees at the time of cancellation.
- Travel insurance premiums cannot be refunded if your booking is cancelled with any penalties. Please refer to our Travel Insurance page for more information.
- The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees listed apply to cancellation and departure date change requests received on/after September 15, 2021 for new 2022 bookings and cannot be applied retrospectively.
- If you have previously selected to re-book with travel credit and would like to request a refund instead of travel credit, a minimum administrative fee of $100 per person will apply.
- Unused credit has no cash value and is non-transferrable to other travelers.
- Peony Tours reserves the right to modify or cancel the provisional cancellation and departure date change fees at any time.
- In addition to the above, Peony Tours standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Provisional terms are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Please note that the provisional change and cancellation policies listed above do not apply to tours PRI, PRD and PNI.
- If you elect to cancel the tour and the tour is departing as scheduled (at the time of your cancellation request), we will charge a 3% administrative fee for any bookings with payments received more than 180 days prior to the cancellation date. As we are unable to refund credit card payments made more than 180 days ago, we will send your refund in the form of a check to the address listed on your booking confirmation invoice. Please note this only applies to bookings without any cancellation fees.
Travel and Immigration Restrictions
Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. All customers are requested to check relevant travel advisories to and from the countries to which they are travelling. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there are no entry restrictions at their travel destination. IATA Travel Centre provides a list of travel advisories relating to COVID-19 here. Peony Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Visa and entry requirements may change at any time.
Peony Tours will continue to closely monitor this evolving situation and will provide updates as it pertains to each tour group. We thank you for your continued trust in Peony Tours and look forward to seeing you on our tours.