- Travel Requirements
- Flexible booking policies
- Health & Safety Protocols
Covid-19 Testing Requirements for International Travel to the United States
(Updated Dec 3, 2021)
Starting on December 6, air travelers aged two and older, regardless of nationality or vaccination status, are required to show documentation of a negative viral test result taken within one day (24 hours) of the flight’s departure to the United States before boarding. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight. That includes all travelers – U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and foreign nationals.
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country, and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
Exemptions will be considered on an extremely limited basis. Please visit the CDC for more information about exemptions and the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19, including types of accepted tests for all air passengers arriving in the United States.
Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through. Find out what is required before travelling to the United States by air.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Order, which took effect November 8, 2021, requiring all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States remains in effect. Travelers should monitor the CDC website on international travel for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
Exceptions to the CDC Order requiring all air passengers to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States are extremely limited to the following groups:
- children under 18
- people medically unable to receive the vaccine
- emergency travelers who do not have timely access to a vaccine
Humanitarian exemptions to the CDC order are granted on an extremely limited basis.
For additional information, please visit our FAQs for answers to questions about the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.
Before You Travel Internationally
Make sure to plan ahead:
- Check the current Covid-19 situation at your destination.
- Follow all airline requirements as well as any requirements at your destination, including mask wearing, proof of vaccination, testing and/or quarantine. Requirements may differ from U.S requirements. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and required to return to the United States.
- Please review entry requirements/restrictions & obtain source links by using the Travel Requirements tool on this page, powered by Sherpa. Please ensure you check restrictions for both directions of travel (including all transit points).
BOOK WITH FLEXIBILITY. TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE.
(December 29, 2021)
During our 41 years in travel, we have remained committed to our guests and mission to create authentic, enriching travel experiences. With travel plans currently on pause, we would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our guests, team members and the international travel community remains our top priority.
As a business, we hold our family-run values close. We make great service, integrity and quality part of everything we do. So, when you travel with us, you feel like part of the family, knowing that your happiness and safety is our top priority.
As we look to the future, we have updated our policies (effective November 18, 2021) to allow more flexibility, so you can book with peace of mind and travel with confidence when you’re ready.
Peony Tours Provisional Payment Policy:
- Deposit: A deposit of only $300 per traveler is required at the time of booking to secure your next trip. Airfare deposits (if applicable) may apply at the time of booking.
- Final Payment Due: The remaining balance payment for your booking is due only 60 days prior to the trip departure.
Peony Tours Provisional Cancellation & Departure Change Policy:
- Free Changes: Cancel and rebook for a new departure date up to 60 days prior to departure.
- Free Cancellations: Cancel for any reason up to 60+ days prior to departure.
|All Tours (except PRD, PRI and PNI)||Provisional Cancellation Fee*||Provisional Departure Date Change Fee**|
|60 + days prior to departure||0||0|
|45 to 59 days prior to departure||100||100|
|30 to 44 days prior to departure||200||200|
|16 to 29 days prior to departure||300||300|
|10 to 15 days prior to departure||400||400|
|3 to 9 days prior to departure||600||Not Permitted|
|48 hours prior to departure||100%||Not Permitted|
Please note the above change and cancellation policies do not apply to tours PRI, PRD, and PNI. For PRI & PRD policies please see below. For PNI policies please view our standard terms and conditions).
|PRD & PRI Tours Only||Provisional Cancellation Fee*||Provisional Departure Date Change Fee**|
|181+ days prior to departure||100||0|
|101 to 180 days prior to departure||300||200|
|30 to 100 days prior to departure||50% Tour Fare||50% Tour Fare|
|0 to 29 days prior to departure||100% Tour Fare||100% Tour Fare|
*In addition to any charges levied by the ferries, train tickets, airlines and/or hotel, the Peony Tours provisional fees will be assessed per person when you cancel or change the departure date of your existing reservation.
**The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees are valid for requests received after November 18, 2021 for new 2022 reservations booked from November 18, 2021 to January 31, 2022. A written request of cancellation or departure date changes must be received by Peony Tours. Oral requests will not be accepted.
Provisional Cancellation & Date Change Terms and Conditions:
- These new policies are only valid for new 2022 reservations booked between November 18, 2021 to January 31, 2022.
- These new policies cannot be applied retrospectively, as the situation is rapidly evolving every day. Please be aware that many third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines, ferries, cruises, trains, hotels, attraction admission fees, local guides and restaurants are not providing refunds or cancellation waivers. Airline penalties typically range between $250 per person to fully non-refundable
- All cancellation and departure date change requests must be received in writing by email. Please use our contact form to submit your request.
- We are unable to waive any third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines, ferries and/or service upgrades. We will advise you of any relevant cancellation fees at the time of cancellation.
- Travel insurance premiums cannot be refunded if your booking is cancelled with any penalties. Please refer to our Travel Insurance page for more information.
- The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees listed apply to cancellation and departure date change requests received on/after Nov 18, 2021 for new 2022 bookings and cannot be applied retrospectively.
- If you have previously selected to re-book with travel credit and would like to request a refund instead of travel credit, a minimum administrative fee of $100 per person will apply.
- Unused credit has no cash value and is non-transferrable to other travelers.
- Peony Tours reserves the right to modify or cancel the provisional cancellation and departure date change fees at any time.
- In addition to the above, Peony Tours standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Provisional terms are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Please note that the provisional change and cancellation policies listed above do not apply to tours PRI, PRD, PNI.
- If you elect to cancel the tour and the tour is departing as scheduled (at the time of your cancellation request), we will charge a 3% administrative fee for any bookings with payments received more than 180 days prior to the cancellation date. As we are unable to refund credit card payments made more than 180 days ago, we will send your refund in the form of a check to the address listed on your booking confirmation invoice. Please note this only applies to bookings without any cancellation fees.
Our Pledges. Your Peace of Mind.
Your wellbeing is our top priority. Whatever your travel plans during COVID-19, you can be sure we will do everything possible to:
- Provide flexible booking policies that let you plan ahead with confidence
- Make your trip as safe and worry-free as possible
- Ensure clean and hygienic environments throughout your trip
- Keep you informed of any changes to your trip resulting from COVID-19
- Ensure all our suppliers observe all international and local health regulations and guidelines
Helping to make your travel worry-free.
Your safety comes first
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our world and as never before. In the ever-evolving travel landscape, Peony Tours is committed to doing all we can to keep you informed, help you plan your travel, and make your trip with us as safe and easy as possible. Here’s what we are doing to give you peace-of-mind and help you get the best from your travel experience.
We have upgraded our health and safety protocols to help protect everyone who travels and works with us. We continually review these procedures—and local measures across different regions—to ensure we are on top of the changing situation in all our destinations. Our vigilance means you can book with confidence and make the most of your trip knowing everything possible is being done to make it stress-free and enjoyable.
Safeguarding your wellbeing worldwide
As well upgrading our health and safety procedures, we have made our booking policies more flexible by adding change and cancellation policies that make it easier for you to cancel or alter your plans in the run-up to your vacation if needed. Together, these changes mean you can look forward to your trip without worrying about the ‘what ifs.’
We have also worked closely with our partners in destinations to help make your vacation and journeys healthy and happy. While we have always selected suppliers with rigorous health and safety procedures, the pandemic has required them all to rethink and ramp up their hygiene and safety standards further. We are proud that all those we work alongside—from hotels, river ships, airlines, and transport companies to attractions, restaurants, and tour hosts—have maximized their efforts. Each has taken additional steps beyond their usual high standards to reinforce hygiene, health and safety precautions so you can enjoy a worry-free experience.
Aligned with TourCare
We are also engaging with global travel organizations to ensure we and our partners abide by worldwide COVID-related regulations. We meet and exceed the health and sanitization standards of TourCare—a set of travel industry COVID-19 safety guidelines. Jointly developed by the US Tour Operators Association (USTOA), European Tourism Association (ETOA), and Canadian Association of Tour Operators (CATO), TourCare calls for members to oversee the suppliers’ health and safety practices to ensure they comply with the guidelines and local health regulations. See the full TourCare guidelines here.
We have also listed government and travel operator resources that detail COVID-related rules and advice for international travelers—click the links to read more about a specific destination or travel company to help prepare for your trip. The protocols listed on these resources can change, so check them regularly for updates.
Travel and Immigration Restrictions
Most countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. All customers are requested to check relevant travel advisories to and from the countries to which they are travelling. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there are no entry restrictions at their travel destination. IATA Travel Centre provides a list of travel advisories relating to COVID-19 here. Peony Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Visa and entry requirements may change at any time.
Government ResourcesWe’d like to remind all guests to check their local state travel guidelines regarding travel restrictions when arriving from international destinations or other US States, as this may vary state by state.
- US State Department - Travel
- CDC website on international travel
- FAQ’s on COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing for International Travel
- COVID-19 Country Specific Information
The USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program
Peony Tours shares the coverage available under the USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program with affiliates of Ritz Tours Inc. who, as an Active Member of the USTOA, is required to post $1 Million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of Peony Tours’ customers in the unlikely event of Peony Tours’ bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business. Further, you should understand that the $1 Million posted by Ritz Tours Inc. and shared among its affiliates may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments received by Peony Tours. More details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program and a list of affiliates may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 345 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801, New York, New York 10001, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their website at www.USTOA.com.