COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
TRAVEL AND IMMIGRATION RESTRICTIONS
Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. All customers are required to check relevant travel advisories to and from the countries to which they are traveling. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there are no entry restrictions at their travel destination. Always check travel restrictions for each part of your trip; this includes layovers for connecting flights, as well as entry requirements for your return back to the US. Please note that the information provided in this addendum is based on the time of print and a country’s requirements can change rapidly at any time. It is the responsibility of the traveler to check all updates and obtain all necessary documents and tests prior to departure, as well as entry back into the US. Peony Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason in any country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Non U.S Passport holders - please check with your local embassy or consulate for detailed visa and travel document/entry requirements.
If you need clarification on whether you may enter Greece, contact the closest Greek Embassy or consulate, as well as your airline prior to travel. The US Embassy in Athens cannot give you permission to enter Greece or request exceptions to Greece or EU travel restrictions.
- Passenger Locator Form (PLF):
From 15 March 2022 onwards, travellers visiting Greece are no longer required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). However, a simplified PLF remains in operation, the completion of which is OPTIONAL, for the sole purpose of enabling the traveller / family to issue an EU Certificate of negative or positive COVID-19 test result. For more PLF information, please click here. See the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs post on procedures for international arrivals.
- Covid-19 Testing (PCR and/or Serology) & Other Entry Requirements:
☐ Prior to departure (US to Greece): Effective May 17, 2022, travellers are no longer required to provide vaccination certificate, proof of recovery from SARS-Cov-2 infection or a negative molecular COVID-19 test result to enter Greece.All certificates must include the critical information (i.e. number of doses and their respective dates) in English, German French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and the person’s full name must match the name on the passport or any other recognized travel document. Refer to travel.gov.gr for detailed information on PCR test requirements for entry to Greece and vaccination certificate requirements.
Please see CDC Guidance for more information on International Travel During COVID-19.
ARRIVALS - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (GREECE)
- All passengers from air, land or sea will be subjected to random COVID-19 rapid testing upon arrival. If found positive, a five (5) day quarantine under supervision is required either at home or at a designated temporary residence assigned by the appropriate authorities. The quarantine period starts the next day of their positive diagnosis. Following the five (5) day period and if the symptoms have receded and the travellers are feverless for 24 hours without the use of antipyretics, they are released from quarantine. If the fever insists, the travellers remain in isolation until the fever has fully receded. The above travellers must wear a high protection breathing mask (FFP2 or N95) or a combination of two masks for at least 5 days after their release from isolation.
- Sampling RAPID antigen tests at the entrance gates for selected individuals drawn from a targeted sampling system, based on the ”EVA” system.
- Mandatory isolation if they test positive for SARS-Cov-2, following a sampling test. In this case, the travelers and their travel companions are accommodated in quarantine hotels, where they will undergo further PCR testing to confirm the initial diagnosis. Guests will stay in seclusion hotels for at least 10 days. The expenses of the accommodation in quarantine hotels are covered by the Greek state.
- In the event a guest receives a positive PCR result, the guest will be transferred to a Government isolation/quarantine unit. Any unused tour feature either on air transportation or for land arrangements including but not limited to optional excursions/tours/meals, hotel accommodations and upgrades are non-refundable, non-transferable, or exchangeable.
- Guests who have purchased the Land + Air package will be met by an Peony Tours tour guide/representative at the Athens(ATH) airport.
- Guests who have purchased the Land Only package will need to arrive at the Athens hotel on your own.
Before we can embark on our cruise together, there is essential paperwork to be completed and presented at the port such as an approved COVID-19 vaccine certificate recognized by the Greek government.
Please click here to review the information carefully and note that the requirements to join a cruise ship differ from that of the Greek government entry requirements. Failure to comply with the requirements or exhibiting or caring for someone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation will result in you being denied boarding.
Effective from 29 April 2022, everyone traveling with Celestyal Cruises must arrive with their own COVID-19 Rapid Antigen negative test certificate. This will need to be taken on the day before embarkation for all guests ages 6 years and over. Please note self-tests will not be accepted. Celestyal Cruises has partnered with Bioiatriki which provides tests for just €10 per person at locations across Athens and Thessaloniki 7 days a week (prices are subject to change).
Please note if you wish to use an alternative testing company or pharmacy you must ensure they can issue you with a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen certificate that will need to be presented at check-in on the day of embarkation.
- Masks are required everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- The fine for not wearing a mask in areas where it is required, not maintaining required social distancing, and/or violating the movement restrictions is 300 euros.
- The fine for non-compliance with mandatory quarantine is 5000 euros, in addition to possible arrest.
- All travelers are responsible for bringing their own masks and hand sanitizers for personal use during the tour.
- Additional information is available in English at travel.gov.gr
BEFORE TRAVELING BACK TO THE UNITED STATES:
- Effective Sunday June 12, 2022 - Travelers are no longer required to present a negative viral COVID-19 test result for the flight to the United States. Please see CDC’s FAQ for answers to questions about the requirements for all air passengers arriving in the United States. *Important note: If you are unable to board your scheduled return flight to the U.S. for any reason, you will be responsible for any expenses you may incur (ie. flight expenses, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals, sundry expenses and more). Please note, Peony Tours cannot be held responsible if you cannot return as scheduled and will not be responsible for any related expenses.
“As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.” – CDC
We’d like to remind all guests to check their local state travel guidelines regarding travel restrictions when arriving from international destinations or other US States, as this may vary state by state.
US State Department
CDC Travel Resources
US Embassy & Consulate in Greece – Covid-19 Information
Protocol for Arrivals in Greece
Emirates Airlines Travel Requirements by Destination
GREECE EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
+30 6947 56 59 06 (Marjan)
+30 6947 56 59 03 (Thanassis)
+30 6947 56 59 07 (emergency office – after hours)